To promote your blog, you can use your blog feed to ping search engines, blog and RSS directories to let them know each time when you posts get updated.
Then, what's the URL address format for your Blogger (Blogspot.com) feed?
4 types of feeds provided by Blogger (Blogspot.com)
Blogger (Blogspot.com) provides 4 types of feeds: Site Feed, Label Feed, Comments Feed and Individual Post Comment Feed.
Full site feed: This is the feed for all the published posts.
Label feed: This is the feed for a specific Label.
Comments feed: This is the feed for all comments for all posts.
Individual post comment feed: This is the feed for all all comments for one specific post.
All feeds at Blogger are published in Atom 1.0 format. However, if you add
?alt=rssto the end of any site feed URL, you can get the same feed in RSS 2.0 format (examples in below).
1- Full Site Feed's URL address format
Full site feed's URL address format:
- Atom 1.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
- RSS 2.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
Example: Blogger Journey's Site Feed url address is:
2- Comments feed's URL address format
- Atom 1.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default
- RSS 2.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default?alt=rss
Example: Blogger Journey's Comments Feed url address is:
3- Label feed 's URL address format
For example, if you have a Label called privacy, then here's feed formats for this label:
Atom 1.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default/-/privacy
RSS 2.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss/-/privacy
Note: replace the http://blogname.blogspot.com with your blog url address
Example: For Label 'Affiliate Network' at Blogger Journey, it's feed address is:
(Note: the special character %20 represent a space, because there's space in between of 'Affiliate' and 'Network')
4- Individual Post Comment feed's URL address format
- Atom 1.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/postId/comments/default
- RSS 2.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/postId/comments/default?alt=rss
- Replace the http://blogname.blogspot.com with your blog url address
- You can find the postId of an individual post from the Posting | Edit Posts tab. Simply mouseover the 'Edit' link next to a particular post, and that postId will be displayed in your browser's status bar.
Blogger (Blogspot.com) provides 4 types of feeds. Your blog site visitors / followers can subscribe to your feeds to get your latest posts and comments instantly- it's a great way to get touch with targeted readers.
What's your experience of using feed to promote your blog? When, where else and how do your use your blog feed ?