If you search your Blogger (Blogspot.com) post in Google, you will notice that by default, your post format in search result page will be showing as "Blog title - post title". For example, if you search my post "How to Add a Static Stiky Post for Blogger", you will see the search result in Google as following:
Blogger Journey - How to Add a Static Stiky Post for Blogger
Which means, blog title"Blogger Journey" is always showing before post titles. This is not what we want.
The default Blogger post format in search result, "Blog title - post title", is not good for search engine ranking, which will prevent your posts from showing at the top of the search result page.
What we want is in reverse order "Post Title - Blog Title"- post title always in front. For the above example, we want it to show up as following:
Note: it's recommended to always back up your template before doing any changes.
1. From the blog Dashboard, go to Template -> Edit HTML-> Proceed
-> put a check mark in front of the the "Expand Widget Templates"
option (details: same as the first 3 steps in this post)
2. On your keyboard press the "Ctrl" and "F" keys at same time to bring up the search box.
3. In the search-box, type in '<title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title>' and search, you will see the template screen shows up similar to following screenshot:
4. We need to replace the highlighted codes <title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title> with following codes:
Just copy above codes and replace the highlighted one line code in the template, and save the template. Close the template window.
5. You done ! You will see your posts show in the search result in the format as "Post Title - Blog Title".
What do you think
What's your experience with the post tile in the Google search result? Share your experience and insights in the comments box below.