You may wondering how can we add a Sticky Post in Blogger. With a sticky post at the top of the page, we can deliver important message, greeting message, notice, etc.
1. Enable 'Add a widget' feature above the post section in Blogger Layout view, from the dashboard.
Once this feature enabled, you will see from the Layout view in Blogger (from Dashboard, click on Layout) that there's a "Add a Gadget" bar added above the Blog Posts section (Screenshot). That's what we want.
To enable the above widget is very simple, please check my previous post for step by step guide with screenshot:
How to Add Widget / Gadget Above Blog Post in Blogspot (blogger.com)
2. Once get the "add a widget" bar above the Blog Posts section, you can now click on it, and add many different type of widgets from the popup window. Scroll down the popup window you will see following choices for widgets:
- You can choose the 'Image' widget to add photos into the widget. Photos will display as sticky post at the top of the blog page above all posts.
- You can Choose "Slideshow" widget to add slideshows into the widget. Slideshow will display as sticky post at the top of the blog page above all posts.
- You can choose "Video Bar" widget to add Youtube video channels- the video channel will display as sticky post at the top of the blog page above all posts.
What do you think
How do you post greeting message or important messages? What's your experience using sticky post? Share your experience and insights in the comments box below.